Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 1: A Place to Remember



Hi everyone, this is Bella writing! From all the posts we have published, it is the first post I've ever wrote myself, because usually it's Ailsa who's in charge of writing reviews. But, since it's my personal travelling experience and she didn't partake in this journey, unfortunately I can't ask her to write it for me. lol. Anyways, I had three days full of eating experience in Bandung. Therefore, I'm gonna divide the post into three parts. I hope these posts can help you in choosing decent cafes or restaurants in Bandung!

There are a lot of cafes and restaurants in Bandung. Since I had once live in Bandung for a year and still regularly going there up until now, a lot of friends often ask my recommendation on cafes or restaurants when they go there. Sadly, my mind goes automatically blank after hearing that question. Even when I'm in Bandung, me and my friends always debate about where to eat since there's too many food places. Sometimes, we ended up at that one place again, and again. What worse is that there's no zomato in Bandung. So, I kindda have no clue where to seek for good recommendation.

Learning from that experience, I'm happy to say that now I have a platform where I can share my culinary journey in Bandung. Almost all the hippiest cafes in Bandung I've been to, up to the extent that I had it enough. So now, I'm more into local food. Unfortunately when I went there last June, there were a lot of local food restaurants that closed due to fasting-month holiday. Well then maybe, I'll post about it later in my next visit.

Honestly the reason why I went to Bandung was because of my bestfriend's birthday. On the first day, I didn't get to meet her because she had something to do. So, I went to Tizi's with my other friends after wandering around for an hour, looking for a restaurant that meets our taste for breakfasting. As I've told you before, a lot of restaurant closed due to the start of fasting month holiday. Fortunately, when we went there, it's open! Tizi's is a classic steak house located in Dago Atas (not far after MCD simpang). If you are from Bandung, you should know how iconic this place is. I recall to have my 20th birthday lunch here last year. There since have been me and my pals' favorite restaurant.

The place is kindda spacious with a yard in the middle of it, filled with a lot of flowers and plants. It is indeed really green, which makes the air here really fresh and cool. They also have their own little bakery shop, selling traditional dutch pastries, but I didn't get to take the pictures of it. So sorry:(






indoor table







I ordered sirloin steak, whilst my two friends each ordered tenderloin steak and beef & egg. Like most of steak house around, you can choose your steak to be served either with french fries or mashed potato. The appearance of their mashed potato was kindda unique. Some may say it looks like noodle, while the other some may perceive it in a negative way. Still, all the menus are tasty enough to make me droll right now. Although, I must say that I'm not a fan of their BBQ sauce and so, I prefer to order beef & egg later on my next visit.

sirloin steak with french fries
tenderloin steak with mashed potato
Beef & Egg with mashed potato



The main courses took kindda long to be served. It was even worse for my friend's beef & egg as one of the waiter said that they accidentally skipped it and had to recook. Fortunately, it didn't take much time for them to reserve it.

For drinks, actually they'll give you free tab water, but since it was cold, we decided to order hot tea in teapot.
a cup of hot tea
traditional clay teapot

It's indeed going to be a historical place in Bandung for me and my pals. I can imagine how we'll be making our little reunion there when we all have graduated and settled down. Last but not least, I should somewhat take Ailsa there too someday!


Food: 3,5/5
Price: 4/5
Ambiance: 4,5/5
Service: 3,5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment